Welcome Anonymous !

Login or Register

User Menu

Login

It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:06 am

2018 March Open Cabin Weekend

Looking for a climbing partner? Post here!

by johngassel » Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:31 pm

Hey folks, let's use this thread to plan ouut partners, dinners, objectives, etc. for the March open cabin weekend.

Maybe I'm just riding my usual optimism but there should still be some ice to climb, even if it's just in the ravines. There was a lot of students that wanted "alpine" this year so it's not such a bad thing, right?

It's a little too ealry to make climbing objectives for me yet, but if the ravines are good I'd be up for heading up there on Saturday.
johngassel

by johngassel » Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:32 pm

Also, I have ice program tools if any students from this year's class want to check out a pair. Let me know!
johngassel

by RjBlake » Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:27 pm

I'm supposed to go to a dinner party thing Saturday night but I may receive an indulgence from the powers that be if conditions are favorable. Personally very interested in Mad Gulf, Wait Until Dark Gully, and other backcountry nonsense if anyone is so inclined, but would also be psyched to get to Huntington. From the forecast, Sunday will likely be the better day due to avi forecast.
RjBlake

by stephmosely » Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:39 pm

johngassel wrote:Also, I have ice program tools if any students from this year's class want to check out a pair. Let me know!

Hi John, I'd love to borrow a pair!
stephmosely

by laurentracy » Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:58 pm

johngassel wrote:Also, I have ice program tools if any students from this year's class want to check out a pair. Let me know!

Hi John, I'd love to borrow a pair (or two) if possible! Thanks!
laurentracy

by cwoodall » Tue Mar 06, 2018 4:39 pm

I am excited to get out this weekend! It is going to be a grand old time.

Waiting on the ice report and weather to decide what exactly I am planning on doing. The ravines sound like they will likely be in good shape, but if things improve in Crawford Notch and elsewhere I might be interested in going there.

Kind of interested in possibly tagging Parasol Gully, its been colder up there, but its a bit of a drive.
cwoodall

by rbirk » Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:10 pm

cwoodall wrote:Kind of interested in possibly tagging Parasol Gully, its been colder up there, but its a bit of a drive.

Parasol gully is so cool! It's short (1-2 pitches depending on conditions), but the all natural ice cave!! Here is a pic when I was there two years ago (during a warmer cabin weekend):

rbirk

by rbirk » Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:50 am

Trip report from today for Parasol Gully: https://northeastalpinestart.com/2018/0 ... rk-3-6-18/

Ice looked really good (from pics), but no parasol ice cave :( That's half the reason you go there. When I was there we could comfortable fit two people in there standing. With expected snow coming there may not be as much ice, but the location is very scenic!
rbirk

Return to Partners