Welcome Anonymous !

Login or Register

User Menu

Login

It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:40 am

Trad Climbing Partner

Looking for a climbing partner? Post here!

by Kronos » Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:49 pm

Any trad climbers out there willing to mentor a newbie as a solid second, or maybe to lead some lower grade climbs?

I climb at Boston Rock Gym twice a week, but noticed most of the members don't trad climb. Many have never climbed outdoors.

My experience level right now is 5.10a/b/c in the gym. I have led a sport 5.7 slab route out at Rumney a few weekends ago and loved it.

I did the into to multipitch course and rock anchor course with IME out of North Conway. We climbed Sea of Holes at Whitehorse, Upper Refuse and the first two pitches of Thin Air at Cathedral, and did all of Hugo's Horror Revisted at Mt. Willard (plus a bunch of other climbs I can't remember). I'm also an engineer as a day job so I can truthfully say I am detail oriented and very interested in the mechanics of the systems being placed for protection.

Thanks to some timely sales at Moosejaw I also have a decent rack going so I won't be falling a ton on anyone else's gear.

I know the season is winding down this fall but I wouldn't mind getting outside another time or too to work some trad, or plan some good projects for the spring.

Let me know if you're interested in climbing together.
Kronos

Return to Partners